The Nursing Staff is responsible for the health, safety and TLC of our campers and staff.
We have a team of 6 made up of a Head Nurse, Med Nurse, Two general nurses, Student Nurse & Health Center Administrator.
Job tasks include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications and Requirements
- Dispense meds
- First aid for minor injuries
- Ensure health and safety of campers and staff
- Three daily sick calls
- Communicating specific camper health needs (allergies, special diets) to staff
- Medical record keeping
- Act as a liaison with local doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies
- Communicate with camp directors about camper health issues
- Accompany sick/injured campers or staff to the hospital or to medical appointments
- Flexible work schedules and rotations in case of an emergency
Our Health Center is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We create a schedule of shifts that fits the need of camp.
- RN or LPN degree (Not needed for Nursing Student or Health Center Administrator)
- Flexible-- able to adapt to different environments and schedules
- Confidence in nursing skills
- Responsible, hard-working
- Good bedside manner, friendly and personable
- Strong assessment abilities
- Prior experience with children
- Desire and ability to be a team player
- Enjoy an active lifestyle
- Willingness to obtain appropriate state licensure (camp will reimburse)
- ER and/or pediatric unit experience preferred
- Participate in camp activities and events